Warner Bros. Crosses $1 Billion Mark in International Gross
"Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows," "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" and "Wrath of the Titans" are among the films contributing to the success.
Warner Bros. Pictures has crossed the billion dollar mark at the international box office for the 12th consecutive year.
The studio announced it reached the marker in under five months, beating a studio record set in 2010 by 10 days.
The movies that played major parts in the overseas success include Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, which grossed $257 million internationally in 2012, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island ($222 million) and Wrath of the Titans ($218.3 million). And while it didn’t open well domestically, Dark Shadows opened strong around the world to the tune of $37.3 million.
The studio also said that 3D earnings were about a third of the gross: $324 million.
Warner Bros. has made over a billion internationally 15 times, crossing the $2 billion mark four times.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!