Warner Bros. Exec Sarah Schechter Moves to Berlanti Productions
She will act as president for both film and television divisions.
Longtime Warner Bros. exec Sarah Schechter has exited her post and joined Berlanti Productions, the prolific Warners-based film and TV banner run by writer-producer Greg Berlanti.
Schechter was a highly respected senior production vp who is known for working with Clint Eastwood, teaming with the esteemed filmmaker on films such as Invictus and J. Edgar.
Most recently, she had been shepherding the studio’s Peter Pan tentpole titled Pan, which Berlanti is producing.
At her new gig, she will head both the film and television divisions as the company's president. The move now sees her receiving a producing credit on Pan and keeps her in the extended Warners family.
Schechter joined the studio as a creative exec in 2005, becoming vp in 2007 and senior vp in 2009.
Berlanti is exec producing The CW’s hit Arrow, based on the DC Entertainment hero Green Arrow, as well as The Tomorrow People. He is also working on the Flash pilot.
His past TV credits include co-creating No Ordinary Family and Eli Stone and exec producing Brothers & Sisters. On the film side he worked as a writer on Wrath of the Titans and Green Arrow and directed the Katherine Heigl drama Life As We Know It.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'