Warner Bros.' German, Austrian DVD Distribution Back With Cinram
Studio partner Technicolor sub-contracts with Cinram for territories.
COLOGNE, Germany — The distribution of Warner Bros. Entertainment's titles in Germany and Austria have moved back to Canadian service company Cinram International.
As part of what it calls its European logistics optimization efforts, Technicolor, which handles replication and distribution for Warner titles in the region, has sub-contracted with Cinram in for distribution support in the two territories. The move comes a year after Warner dumped Cinram in favor of Technicolor.
Technicolor will continue to handle replication duties for Warner in Germany and Austria.
Starting May 9, Cinram will take over home entertainment distribution for all Warner new titles in Germany and Austria, including Nicolas Cage-starrer Drive Angry, Clint Eastwood’s Hereafter and Tom Tykwer’s German menage a trios dramedy Three.
This past holiday season, Cinram performed local distribution duties on one of the studio’s biggest titles, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.
It was unclear whether Cinram will take over distribution of Warner titles in other European territories. Cinram in April extended its supply deal with Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR