Warner Bros. Germany Signs Four-Picture Deal With Matthias Schweighofer
The German actor scored a sleeper hit with his directorial debut "What a Man."
COLOGNE, Germany - Warner Bros. Entertainment in Germany has signed a four-picture deal with actor-turned-director Matthias Schweighofer and his production company Pantaleon Films.
Schweighofer will direct and star in all four productions Pantheon will co-produce with Warner under the deal. Schweighofer runs his Berlin-based Pantaleon shingle together with producers Dan Maag and Marco Beckmann.
Schweighofer is currently in development on his second film, Schlussmacher, for 20th Century Fox in Germany. The 30-year-old multi-hyphanate's directorial debut, What a Man, was a surprise hit for Fox, earning more than $16 million at the German box office last year. He currently stars in Rubbeldiekatz, a Tootsie-style cross dressing comedy directed by Detlev Buck which has also been a commercial hit, earning some $18 million locally for Universal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR