Warner Bros.' 'Hangover II' Soars to Become Biggest R-Rated Comedy of All Time
Foreign audiences can’t get enough of Todd Phillips’ raunchy sequel.
Gone are the days when American comedies didn’t travel.
Over the weekend, Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II grew its worldwide box office total to $488.7 million -- surpassing the $467.5 million earned by the original film to become the biggest R-rated comedy of all time.
The big surprise is the film’s international performance.
Through Sunday, Hangover II’s international gross was $256 million, while it has earned $232.7 million so far in North America.
Internationally, the biggest territories include the U.K. ($48 million), Germany ($31.5 million) and Australia ($30.4 million).
The first Hangover grossed $190.2 million internationally, and $277.3 million domestically.
Hangover II is by no means close to being finished, and still has Spain and Japan yet to open. And domestically, it’s still high up on the top 10 chart, coming in No. 5 over Father’s Day weekend.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David