Warner Bros.' 'Hangover II' Soars to Become Biggest R-Rated Comedy of All Time
Foreign audiences can’t get enough of Todd Phillips’ raunchy sequel.
Gone are the days when American comedies didn’t travel.
Over the weekend, Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II grew its worldwide box office total to $488.7 million -- surpassing the $467.5 million earned by the original film to become the biggest R-rated comedy of all time.
The big surprise is the film’s international performance.
Through Sunday, Hangover II’s international gross was $256 million, while it has earned $232.7 million so far in North America.
Internationally, the biggest territories include the U.K. ($48 million), Germany ($31.5 million) and Australia ($30.4 million).
The first Hangover grossed $190.2 million internationally, and $277.3 million domestically.
Hangover II is by no means close to being finished, and still has Spain and Japan yet to open. And domestically, it’s still high up on the top 10 chart, coming in No. 5 over Father’s Day weekend.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!