Warner Bros. Picks Up 'Embassy' From Rob Riggle and Mandeville (Exclusive)
"Cougar Town" scribe Blake McCormick is on board to pen the comedy project.
Warner Bros. has picked up Embassy, a comedy based on an idea by Rob Riggle and to be penned by Cougar Town writer Blake McCormick.
Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman are on board to produce via their Mandeville banner.
Described as being akin to a comedic version of Safe House -- the international thriller starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds -- or perhaps a Hangover meets Argo, Embassy revolves around three unlikely American Embassy workers who must prevent an international war after they inadvertently cause a diplomatic crisis on the tiny South Pacific island where they’ve been stationed.
Riggle appeared memorably as a coach in last year’s 21 Jump Street and recently recurred on ABC's Modern Family.
McCormick has acted as a writer and various producer capacities on four seasons of ABC’s Cougar Town. Before that, he wrote and was an exec story editor on King of the Hill. He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone and Morris Yorn.
Mandeville recently wrapped shooting on Disney’s sequel to The Muppets and was behind the well-regarded zombie movie Warm Bodies, which grossed more than $116 million worldwide.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10