Warner Bros. Picks Up Reese Witherspoon Comedy 'The Intern'
Nancy Meyers is on board to direct the film, which also will star Robert De Niro.
Warner Bros. has picked up worldwide rights to The Intern, the Nancy Meyers comedy that will star Reese Witherspoon and Robert De Niro, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
It was a hot project at AFM, with Lotus selling international rights. Warners came and, in one fell swoop, picked everything up. Worldview was expected to finance or co-finance the project, but with Warners now on board as the maker and distributor of the movie, the former is no longer involved.
Witherspoon will star as the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned an intern who's a retiree (De Niro). He becomes a valuable resource and the two develop a relationship.
This will be Meyers’ first movie since 2009’s It’s Complicated.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR