Warner Bros. ready for 'Grudge Match'
Studio picks up pitch from writer Tim Kelleher
Warners is getting into the ring with Tim Kelleher, picking up the scribe's pitch "Grudge Match." Billy Gerber and Mark Steven Johnson are producing.
"Grudge," which seeks to evoke the tone of the 2000 Warners movie "Space Cowboys," revolves around retired boxers Billy "The Kid" McGuigan and Henry "Razor" Sharp, lifelong bitter rivals who are coaxed out of retirement and into the ring for one final grudge match -- 50 years after their last title fight.
Kelleher is writing the screenplay.
Sarah Schechter is overseeing for the studio.
Kelleher, who just signed with ICM, is a veteran TV writer who worked on "In Living Color" and "The Arsenio Hall Show" and who created the comedy "Rock Me Baby" for UPN. "Grudge" marks his second foray into feature writing, after the 1996 Sinbad starrer "First Kid."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!