Warner Bros. Records Partners With Rapper Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group
11:45 AM PST 2/22/2011 by THR staff
"We were drawn to his hustle," says WBR co-president and CEO Todd Moscowitz of the enterprising rapper.
Burbank-based Warner Bros. Records has entered into a partnership with Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group, it was announced on Feb. 22. Artists on the Maybach roster include rappers Wale, Triple-C, and Meek Mill.Said Warner Bros. Records co-president and CEO Todd Moscowitz. “We were drawn to his hustle. Ross is an entrepreneur who built his company from the ground up. He’s a music magnate, a lightning rod, and an empire builder. Our partnership with him is about building a brand that endures. We back his vision all the way and are ready to give him the resources he needs to pursue that vision.” Ross emerged from the Miami rap scene with 2006’s Port of Miami, followed in quick succession by the albums Trilla and 2009’s Deeper than Rap, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling over 158,000 copies its first week. Ross is currently working on the follow-up to 2010’s Teflon Don, titled God Forgives, I Don't, and is also preparing to hit the road with Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and Travis Barker for the I Am Music II Tour, kicking off March 18.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR