Warner Bros. Signs VOD Deal With Maxdome
Agreement gives German on-demand service more than 1,000 WB titles, including "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
COLOGNE, Germany - Warner Bros. has become the latest U.S. studio to sign a distribution deal with German VOD service Maxdome, inking an agreement for more than 1,000 titles, including The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
The deal gives Maxdome, an online VOD service owned by German broadcasting group ProSiebenSat.1, the rights to rent and sell the WB titles for online streaming and download-to-own. Among the library titles included in the agreement are Brad Pitt-starrer Troy and classics such as Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman.
The WB agreement follows similar deals between Maxdome and Sony and 20th Century Fox and extends Maxdome's online library to some 45,000 film and TV titles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR