Warner Bros. TV Signs Distribution Deal With U.K. Indie Outline Productions
Studio wants to boost local programming.
LONDON -- Warner Bros. International TV production has signed a two-year distribution deal with U.K. indie Outline Productions, creator of Great British Food Revival and Medics on Call.
WBITVP will have the exclusive right to sell the format rights to Outline’s newly commissioned product, as well as the international distribution rights to new finished programs.
The move comes as part of WBITV's strategic bid to boost its ability to generate locally produced formats. Local versions of Outline’s programs will be developed by production companies affiliated with WBITVP in selected markets and licensed to broadcasters and independent producers in ones where it has no production foothold.
“Outline has been responsible for a number of successful and groundbreaking series in the U.K.,” said Chris Bonney, svp sales & acquisitions WBITV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR