Warner Buys Spanish Rights for Javier Fesser's 'Mortadelo and Filemon'
The highly-anticipated animated film is based upon the comic book of the same name, which already spawned two blockbuster live-action features.
MADRID - Warner Bros. Pictures Spain bought Spanish rights for the upcoming 3D comic feature film Mortadelo and Filemon, helmed by cult director Javier Fesser.
After box office successes with live-action Mortadelo and Filemon films, production houses Zeta Cinema and Peliculas Pendelton have opted for what they call a 10-million euro "3D extravaganza" on the comic book property.
The film, now in pre-production, is written by Fesser (Camino) along with Cristobal Ruiz and Claro Garcia.
Fesser's previous Mortadelo and Filemon venture--the 2003 Mortadelo and Filemon: The Great Adventure-- grossed more than 22 million euros with more than five million ticket sales.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR