Warren Beatty to Be Honored By BAFTA LA
The Academy Award winner will receive the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles (BAFTA Los Angeles) will honor Warren Beatty with the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film at the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards this year, it was announced Wednesday.
“Warren Beatty is an undisputed film icon who, during nearly a half-century, has created a body of work that transcends trends and remains timeless,” says Nigel Lythgoe, chairman of BAFTA Los Angeles. “He is a powerful and original creative force, both in front and behind the camera, and it is our distinct pleasure to honor and celebrate his immense talents.”
The Academy Award winner joins previously announced honorees Ben Stiller, Helena Bonham Carter, John Lasseter and David Yates. Alan Cumming will be the master of ceremonies.
The Britannia Awards, held Wednesday, Nov. 30 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, are BAFTA Los Angeles' highest honors. The ceremony will be broadcast on the TV Guide Network on Sunday, Dec. 4.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR