Warren Beatty Returning to Filmmaking With Paramount Project
The untitled feature will begin filming later this year.
Warren Beatty, who hasn’t directed a film since 1998’s Bulworth, has pacted with Paramount Pictures to write, direct, produce and star in an untitled project based on his original screenplay.
The project will mark a return to Paramount for Beatty, who directed 1978’s Heaven Can Wait and 1981’s Reds for the studio.
“Warren’s script is quintessential Beatty, elegantly written and wonderfully entertaining,” said Paramount chairman and CEO Brad Grey, who announced the project Monday. “It is our privilege to have one of the great artists in the history of the film industry come home to Paramount.”
The film is scheduled to go into production later this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR