Warren Buffett Sells Dish Stock, Reports $262 Million Stake in John Malone's Liberty Global
The billionaire investor's Berkshire Hathaway continues to own stakes in Viacom, Starz, DirecTV and Liberty Media.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has disclosed a small stake in John Malone's international cable company Liberty Global.
The billionaire's investor vehicle also disclosed in a regulatory filing that it has sold all the stock it previously held in Charlie Ergen's Dish Network.
Berkshire held 2.95 million shares of Liberty Global, worth about $262 million, as of the end of 2013, according to the regulatory filing. Liberty Global has been acquiring cable operators in Europe, last month agreeing to fully take over Dutch firm Ziggo.
Meanwhile, Berkshire sold some stock in Malone's Liberty Media, which holds a controlling stake in SiriusXM Radio, among others. As of the end of 2013, Berkshire held Liberty Media shares worth about $775 million, according to the filing from late Friday.
After previously holding about 547,000 Dish shares, which it first disclosed late last summer, the company didn't show any ownership in the satellite TV firm as of the end of 2013. The value of that stake amounted to $24.6 million at the end of September after initially being worth $23.3 million when Berkshire first reported its stake.
Berkshire's Viacom stake rose in value to $664.3 million as of the end of 2013, up from around $636 million as of the end of September, amid continued gains in the price of the stock.
Berkshire's Starz stake amounted to $132.8 million as of the end of 2013, down from $158.2 million as of the end of September as the company sold some of its stock. It held 4.5 million Starz shares at the end of 2013, down from 5.6 million at the end of September.
The company also continued to own stock in satellite TV giant DirecTV. The value of its unchanged stake rose to $2.52 billion from $2.18 billion at the end of September.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!