Watch The Hollywood Reporter's Actor Roundtable Tonight on PBS SoCal
The first episode of a holiday television event begins with Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, Josh Brolin and Michael B. Jordan's tales of their worst auditions — and leg waxing.
The Hollywood Reporter's Actor Roundtable heads to the small screen Sunday night, as PBS SoCaL kicks off a holiday television event with a 7 p.m. premiere of the Actor Roundtable with Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, Josh Brolin and Michael B. Jordan on the channel, available in 18 million households in the greater Los Angeles area.
THR's Stephen Galloway and Matthew Belloni sat down for a candid conversation with the six stars. Leto revealed he almost quit acting after a six-year break -- "I was focusing on other passions, and time kind of flew by," said the Dallas Buyers Club star, "but it can be heartbreaking" -- and each actor was curious about McConaughey's time with Christopher Nolan on the set of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Interstellar.
"Is he a big guy?" one of the participants asked McConaughey. Queried another, "Does he talk a lot?"
The Hollywood Reporter and PBS SoCaL have partnered to produce The Hollywood Reporter Roundtables series, which features Hollywood’s leading Academy Award contenders in intimate discussions. The five-part series will continue during the holiday season through Dec. 30 on PBS SoCaL's HD channel, KOCE.
The Director Roundtable, featuring Steve McQueen, Paul Greengrass, David O. Russell, Ben Stiller, Alfonso Cuaron and Lee Daniels will air at 7 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 23.
The Actress Roundtable, featuring Oprah Winfrey, Amy Adams, Emma Thompson, Julia Roberts, Octavia Spencer and 12 Years a Slave's Lupita Nyong'o will air at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 29.
The Producer Roundtable, featuring Mark Wahlberg, Charles Roven, Pam Williams, Michael De Luca, Dede Gardner and David Heyman will air at 7 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 30, followed by the Writer Roundtable, featuring George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Julie Delpy, Nicole Holofcener, John Ridley, Danny Strong and Jonas Cuaron.
In addition, PBS and The Hollywood Reporter have partnered to air THR's exclusive discussion with Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Terence Winter of Paramount's The Wolf of Wall Street. The 30-minute interview, Episode 1 of THR's new series "The Hollywood Reporter in Focus," airs Dec. 29 and again on Jan. 6.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)