Watch 'Thor' Star Chris Hemsworth on Australia's 'Dancing With the Stars'
The actor, whose movie opens Friday, once competed on the reality show.
Chris Hemsworth, who hits theaters Friday as the title character in Thor, has a not-so-secret past that involves Dancing With the Stars.
The Australian native seemed to blush when Jay Leno asked him about his taking part in the Down Under version of DWTS on Monday night's The Tonight Show.
Asked if he was embarrassed, Hemsworth replied: "I wasn't much of a dancer. You know, down at the pubs with your mates and a few beers having a dance is a little different than the ballroom. It doesn't really translate."
Leno then showed a clip of one of Hemsworth's performance.
Hemsworth got his big break on an Australian soap. He also appeared in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek as Capt. Kirk's (Chris Pine) father and has signed on to star in a Red Dawn remake as well as Joss Whedon's The Avengers, in which he reprises the role as Thor. The latter went into production last week in New Mexico.
Thor, from Marvel Studios, was directed by Kenneth Branagh and also stars Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Rene Russo, Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues