'Watchmen' actor rises for 'Morning Glory'
Patrick Wilson cast opposite Harrison Ford in comedy
Patrick Wilson is looking for some laughs.
The "Watchmen" actor has been cast in the Paramount comedy "Morning Glory" opposite Harrison Ford, Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton and Jeff Goldblum.
The picture, penned by Aline Brosh McKenna, will begin production next month in New York under the direction of Roger Michell.
The comedy is about a pair of antagonistic anchors (Ford and Keaton) on a struggling morning show and the up-and-coming news producer (McAdams) who tries to get them under control and boost ratings. Wilson will play McAdams' romantic partner.
J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk are producing through their Bad Robot banner. Sherryl Clark and Guy Riedel are executive producing.
The CAA-repped Wilson has gravitated toward dramatic roles in such movies as "Little Children," "The Phantom of the Opera," "Hard Candy" and "Lakeview Terrace."
Along with "Morning," he has the comedy "Barry Munday" in production, and he recently finished shooting "The Baster" for Miramax.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR