'Watchmen' adds Gugino as do-gooder
Carla Gugino has joined the cast of "Watchmen," Warner Bros. Pictures' adaptation of the DC Comics limited series being directed by Zack Snyder.
Gugino joins Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Malin Akerman in the movie, which is set in an alternate America that has passed a law banning costumed crimefighters. When one is murdered, the remaining members set out to solve the mystery.
Gugino will play Sally Jupiter, a burlesque dancer-turned-costumed heroine and sex symbol the Silk Spectre who is part of the Minutemen, a group of heroes who preceded the Watchmen. She also is the mother of the new Silk Spectre (Akerman).
Sources said Gugino will portray Jupiter in varying eras, playing different ages throughout the movie.
Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Deborah Snyder are producing the film, which is set to start shooting in the fall in Vancouver.
Legendary is co-financing the picture. Jessica Goodman is overseeing for the studio.
Gugino recently wrapped the indie sports drama "Our Lady of Victory" and appeared in a five-episode arc of HBO's "Entourage." She next appears in Universal and Imagine's "American Gangster."
Gugino is repped by CAA and Untitled.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR