Watts has passport for Col's 'Int'l'
Naomi Watts has signed on to star opposite Clive Owen in "The International," an action thriller that Tom Tykwer is directing for Columbia Pictures.
The plot centers on an obsessive Interpol agent (Owen) who spearheads an investigation into one of the world's most high-profile and powerful banking institutions in an attempt to expose them for worldwide arms brokering, corruption and murder. Watts will play a Manhattan assistant district attorney who partners with the agent to take down the bank.
Eric Singer wrote the screenplay.
Mosaic Media Group's Charles Roven and Richard Suckle as well as Lloyd Phillips are producing.
Production is scheduled to begin in Berlin.
Sam Dickerman is overseeing for Columbia.
Watts, who most recently starred in "The Painted Veil," next stars opposite Viggo Mortensen in David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises." She is repped by CAA and Untitled.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR