Wayne McClammy considers 'Desperados'
Universal comedy eyed as potential star vehicle for Isla Fisher
Wayne McClammy, best known for directing the Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel viral videos "I'm F**king Matt Damon" and "I'm F**king Ben Affleck," respectively, is in negotiations to helm Universal's comedy "Desperados."
The project is being developed as a potential star vehicle for Isla Fisher. Production is expected to begin by year's end.
Written by Ellen Rapoport, "Desperados" is described as a female-oriented "The Hangover."
The story is about a woman who sends an indignant email to her new beau, who has gone silent after they have sex, only to discover he's comatose in a Mexican hospital. Panicking, she races south of the border with her friends in tow to intercept the email before he recovers.
Mark Gordon and Jason Blum are producing. Universal executive vp production Tracy Falco and director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee the project. Shara Senderoff and Allyson Seeger are supervising for the Mark Gordon Co.
McClammy is repped by Paradigm and Beth Stine of Rain Management Group.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR