'Shall We Dance' Helmer Boards 'Hector and the Search for Happiness'
Peter Chelsom replaces German director Katja von Garnier on project, an adaptation of a Francois Lelord novel.
CANNES - British director Peter Chelsom (Hear My Song, Shall We Dance) has signed on to direct Hector And The Search For Happiness, an adaptation of the bestseller by Francois Lelord.
Chelsom replaces German helmer Katja von Garnier (Blood and Chocolate) who was originally attached to the project.Hector is the most ambitious feature in a new slate from Berlin-based producers Egoli Tossell. Financial trouble at the company -- Egoli Tossell filed for insolvency protection earlier this year -- sidelined the project. But Frankfurt investment group Film House Germany stepped in as a white knight, taking a majority stake in Egoli Tossell and bankrolling its development slate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)