'We Have a Pope' Strikes Up Several U.K. Deals (Cannes)
Nanni Moretti's film is about a newly elected pontiff and his psychoanalyst.
Nanni Moretti's In Competition title, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam), is popping up across Europe amid a slew of deal memos struck by U.K. sales and production banner Fandango Portobello, headed by Janine Gold.
Moretti's movie stars Michel Piccoli as a newly-elected Pope and his psychoanalyst, played by Moretti, who helps him get over panic attacks before public appearances.
Fandango Portobello sealed deals with Le Pacte in France, Cineart in Belgium and the Netherlands, Seven Films in Greece, Gutek Film in Poland, Independent Film in Romania, Frenetic Films in Switzerland and Mega Confilm for Yugoslavia and Albania.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack