WikiLeaks Documentary Soundtrack Gets Release Date (Exclusive)
"We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks" features music from Fall On Your Sword and will be available May 21.
The soundtrack to Oscar-winning director Alex Gibney’s upcoming WiKiLeaks documentary will be available for digital download May 21, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks is from Universal Pictures’ Back Lot Music. It features a score from Fall on Your Sword, a Williamsburg-based film and commercial music production and audio post shop.
“I've been a fan of Alex’s work for a long time, so it was great to finally work together on such an important project,” said Will Bates, founder of Fall on Your Sword. “Alex really wanted the music to have a cinematic edge to it. The score is very thematic and character-driven, like the film itself. Composing for a movie where the story was unfolding in real time was a unique experience.”
We Steal Secrets examines Julian Assange’s information sharing website, the role of secrecy in an instant-access world, and the plight of U.S. Army PFC Bradley Manning, who allegedly provided classified military documents later leaked by the site.
An unrelated WikiLeaks film, The Fifth Estate, is slated for a November release with Bill Condon directing and Benedict Cumberbatch playing Assange.
We Steal Secrets premiered at Sundance in January, and will be released by Focus World in New York and Los Angeles on May 24, followed by a release in select cities May 31. The doc will hit video on demand June 7.
Fall on Your Sword was launched in 2009 and has won a Cannes Golden Lions and two Clio Awards.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park