WE TV Names Lauren Gellert SVP Original Production, Development
Coming to the cable channel from ION Media Networks, the executive will build new series for WE, managing its relationships with outside production companies.
WE tv has appointed Lauren Gellert to SVP, original production and development. She comes to the female-focused network from ION Media Networks and replaces previous SVP John Miller who departed in December.
In her new position, Gellert will work in New York under president and GM Kim Martin, developing and producing original series in line with the network's brand, managing relationships with outside production companies and serving as the exec in charge of all original production.
“Lauren is a dynamic television executive who has a strong track record of overseeing and developing original programming that resonates with audiences; we’re thrilled to welcome her to WE tv,” said Martin. “She joins us at an exciting time as we continue to define and differentiate WE tv as the home for unfiltered stories about the natural drama and chaos that ensues in the lives of modern women and their families.”
Prior to her tenure as VP of production and development at ION, Gellert worked at RDF/Zodiak USA, Tru TV, Court TV and VH1. She graduated from Northwestern University and is a founding member of the New York board of directors at volunteerism nonprofit Step Up Women’s Network.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR