WE unveils seven new shows
Lineup includes docusoap starring Joan and Melissa Rivers
WE unveiled a programming slate of seven new shows, including a docusoap starring Joan and Melissa Rivers.
The lineup includes projects about family, the economy, children and fashion, and comes after the network's highest-rated year yet among women 25-54.
Two of the series are about mother-daughter relationships. The Rivers duo will star in "Mother Knows Best," which will have Joan and Melissa living together under one roof. Another, "You're Wearing That?!" has moms and daughters sharing how they feel about each others' wardrobe.
"We have more viewers than ever before in our history and we're excited to bring them a new slate packed with conflict, drama and humor that addresses the issues that are most relevant to their lives," said Kim Martin, president and general manager of WEtv.
Another reality show, "Fix My Family," has a doctor who tries to mend broken relationships. In "Girl Meets Gown," WE adds another wedding program, with a docusoap set at two bridal shops.
Also: "Sunset Daze," a docusoap set at an unconventional retirement complex; "Downsized," about a family with seven kids and laid-off parents.
In addition, WE has acquired all eight seasons of the Alyssa Milano series "Charmed."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR