Weather Channel Hires Yahoo Exec to Oversee Digital Products
Kevin Doerr was previously vp mobile products at the web company.
Kevin Doerr, vp mobile products at Yahoo, is joining The Weather Channel to develop its website and related apps, the network said Friday. His new title at TWC will be senior vp digital products.
The exec had been employed by Yahoo since March 2011, according to his LinkedIn profile. He also held the title of vp innovation at the web company.
Previously he worked at Microsoft, serving in multiple positions, including general manager for Windows Live, and founded Archimedes Labs, a startup that develops mobile products.
Doerr will preside over development for The Weather Channel's digital products. In July, the network announced its updated mobile website for users to track real-time weather conditions.
TWC's web properties attracted roughly 50 million unique visitors in the U.S. during the same month, according to comScore figures.
"Kevin is an innovator and proven leader with an amazing track record in user experience, product design and development," said Cameron Clayton, president of the digital division at TWC, in a statement. "His addition to our team will enable us to build on our success and broaden the appeal and usage of our web and mobile products."
The Weather Channel also recently named a new chief marketing officer, Scot Safon, formerly of CNN and HLN, to oversee the channel's branding.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR