The Weather Channel Expanding Original Series Roster with 'Lifeguard!'
The meteorologically inclined network has ordered a 13-episode run of the new docudrama.
The Weather Channel is adding another long-form original to its growing roster of series.
It announced Monday that it's given the green light to Lifeguard!, a docudrama from LMNO Productions set to premiere in February 2012.
Lifeguard! follows men and women working the California coastline, from San Diego to Malibu, who rescue a reported 10,000 every year.
"Content on all of The Weather Channel platforms focuses on weather and how it affects peoples' everyday lives whether at work or play," said the network's senior vice president of content and development, Michael Dingley. "Lifeguard! speaks directly to that mission, offering viewers an inside look at how lifeguards handle the dangerous conditions and situations they face on a daily basis, and the role weather plays in helping or hindering their efforts."
The initial run of Lifeguard! is slated for 13 half-hour episodes, with tie-ins planed for the networks web, mobile and tablet initiatives. It joins recent Weather Channel offerings Twist of Fate, Storm Riders and Coast Guard Alaska.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR