'This Week With George Stephanopoulos' Adds Sandy Cannold as New EP
On the heels of Jon Banner's ABC News exit, the CNBC vet joins the Sunday broadcast in November.
ABC News has tapped its replacement for This Week EP Jon Banner following his recent departure for PepsiCo.
Sandy Cannold, who joins the organization after recently serving as EP of CNBC’s Street Signs and producing the network's highly-rated primary debate last year, is set to run George Stephanopoulos' weekly political broadcast later this year.
ABC News president Ben Sherwood announced the news in a Thursday memo. He noted some of Cannold's journalistic accomplishments -- including the co-creation of Squawk on the Street, the first program of its kind to broadcast from the New York Stock Exchange during market hours.
Cannold's first show will air on Nov. 11.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!