How 'Rio' Become 2011's Top Release
In North America, "Rio" wins Easter weekend, while Tyler Perry's "Madea" and "Water for Elephants," starring Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson and Christoph Waltz, are off to good starts.
Twentieth Century Fox’s 3D toon Rio has become the top grossing 2011 release, ending Easter weekend with a new worldwide cume of $286 million. That easily bests Paramount’s Rango, which has earned just under $240 million globally.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR