Weekend Box Office Report: 'Thor' Opens to $66 Million
Sony's "Jumping the Broom" overperforms in its debut; Mel Gibson starrer "The Beaver" sees soft launch.
Successfully launching a new superhero franchise, Paramount and Marvel Studios opened 3D tentpole Thor to a strong $66 million at the North American box office, according to estimates. Overseas, the 3D pic is already an unqualified hit, bringing Thor’s worldwide gross to $242 million.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR