'Rio' Flies Into No. 1 at Box Office With Biggest Opening of 2011
Dimension Films' "Scream 4" comes in No. 2 with $19.2 million; Robert Redford's limited player "The Conspirator" meets its goal in grossing roughly $4 million.
Twentieth Century Fox’s Rio outperformed expectations in its domestic launch, grossing an estimated $40 million from 3,826 theaters to help break the long-running box office slump. Worldwide, the 3D toon has soared past $169 million in its first 12 days.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR