Weerasethakul Becomes King of the Road with 'Uncle Boonmee'
Thai director's Palme d'Or winner sends him on a round-the-world accolades tour.
HONG KONG -- Since winning last year’s Palme d’Or at Cannes with his film Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall his Past Lives, much of Thai director Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s time has been spent on airplanes and in hotel lobbies hopping from one film festival to another and receiving more awards.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR