Weinstein Co. Teaming With LinkedIn for 'Butler' Promotion (Exclusive)
For LinkedIn's first time promoting a film, users will be entered to win a career experience in New York featuring meetings with a top recruiter, an executive and a renowned career coach.
The Weinstein Co. is betting job seekers will have something to learn from Lee Daniels’ The Butler.
The company is teaming with LinkedIn to promote the film about longtime White House butler Cecil Gaines [Forest Whitaker], The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
It’s the first time the professional network has promoted a film to its users. Three people who enter the contest will win a dream career experience in New York City, where they will receive access to a top recruiter, an executive and a renowned career coach.
Users can enter using a LinkedIn API, which will allow them to visualize their work histories alongside that of Gaines' storied career. Their chances of winning will be increased by sending thank-you notes to people who have helped them professionally.
Lee Daniels' The Butler, which hits theaters Aug. 16, follows Gaines as he serves through seven presidential administrations between 1957 and 1986. It is based on Wil Haygood’s 2008 Washington Post article “A Butler Well Served by This Election," which chronicled Gaines' career.
This use of LinkedIn data to promote the film is the first of its kind within the entertainment vertical. LinkedIn boasts 225 million members in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Enter the contest here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!