Well Go USA Inks Distribution Deal With Berkshire Axis Media
The Canadian agreement for Asian titles comes during a period of flux for the local indie film market as Entertainment One and Alliance Films edge closer to a merger.
TORONTO – Canadian indie distributor Berkshire Axis Media is to release Asian titles from Well Go USA locally as part of a new multi-year distribution deal.
The deal will start in spring 2013, and comes during a period of flux in the Canadian indie distribution market as boutique players line up new American supply deals while market-leaders Entertainment One and Alliance Films edge closer to completing a proposed merger.
The latest Canadian releasing deal was negotiated by Iain Taylor for Berkshire Axis Media and Tony Vandeveerdonk from Well Go USA.
“BAM’s (Berkshire Axis Media) strong distribution experience and extensive retail relationships are a plus as we expand our growing new release business in Canada.” Vandeveerdonk, Well Go USA executive vp of sales and marketing, said Tuesday in a statement.
Recent acquisitions for Well Go USA include the Korean hit The Thieves, from writer/director Dong-hoo Choi, and the Chinese-language romantic thriller Dangerous Liaisons, from Chinese-Korean director Hur Jin-Ho.
Texas-based Well Go USA has offices in China and Taiwan.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR