Well Go USA Picks Up Korean Blockbuster 'The Thieves'
The heist pic, directed by Dong-hoo Choi, will be released in the U.S. on Oct. 12.
Well Go USA has acquired North American rights to the Korean hit The Thieves, which it will release theatrically Oct. 12.
The movie, which revolves around a crew of five thieves setting out to steal a diamond worth $20 million, had its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Written and directed by Dong-hoo Choi, the film stars Yun-seok Kim, Hye-soo Kim, Jung-jae Lee, Gianna Jun, Simon Yam, Hae-sook Kim, Dal-soo Oh and Angelica Lee. The Thieves has reportedly grossed $82 million in South Korea, making it the country’s most successful theatrical release of all time.
The deal was brokered by Doris Pfardrescher, president, Well Go USA Entertainment and Judy Ahn, head of international business for Showbox/Mediaplex.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR