Wendy Crewson joins 'Winnie' biopic
Starring alongside Terrence Howard, Jennifer Hudson
Wendy Crewson has been cast in Equinoxe Films' biopic "Winnie," opposite Terrence Howard and Jennifer Hudson as Nelson and Winnie Mandela.
Crewson ("The Santa Clause") will play activist Mary Botha, who becomes a social worker in South Africa after witnessing a brutal police assault on a black youth. After befriending the Mandelas during the fight against apartheid, Botha is subjected to phone-tapping, police harassment and house arrest.
Darrell Roodt is directing the Canada/South Africa co-production, which is being produced by Michael Mosca of Equinoxe and Andre Pieterse of Iron Wood Film. The movie is being shot in Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Robbin Island.
Repped by Innovative and Perry Zimel, Crewson has appeared in the features "Away From Her," "A Home at the End of the World," "The 6th Day," "Air Force One" and "What Lies Beneath."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR