'We're the Millers' Sequel Gets a Writer (Exclusive)
The follow-up to the surprise hit comedy is to be penned by Adam Sztykiel.
New Line is hiring Adam Sztykiel to pen the We’re the Millers sequel .
Millers starred Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Will Poulter and Emma Roberts as a make-believe family created by a drug dealer (Sudeikis) so he can bring 1,400 pounds of marijuana into the U.S.
The movie proved to be a surprise hit for New Line, grossing $150 million domestically and almost $270 million worldwide on a budget of only $37 million.
A sequel was almost a given but it is only now that the company is taking steps forward.
The four actors are expected to come back, although no deals are in place. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber also is due to return. The first movie's script was credited to the writing teams of Bob Fisher and Steve Faber and Sean Anders and John Morris.
Producing the sequel are Chris Bender and Vincent Newman.
Sztykiel is best known for his writing work on Due Date, the Robert Downey Jr.-Zach Galifianakis comedy, and Made of Honor, the romantic comedy that starred Patrick Dempsey. He also co-created, with Bill Lawrence, the upcoming mid-season NBC comedy Undateable.
He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment, McKuin Frankel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR