WEtv nabs show about married mom/comedian
EXCLUSIVE: Docuseries centers on Tammy Pescatelli
WEtv has ordered a reality show that follows the life of a working comedian who also is a married mom.
The cable network has purchased six one-hour episodes of a docuseries centering on Tammy Pescatelli, who moved from a Los Angeles-based comedy career to raise her family in Meadeville, Pa. Pescatelli juggles work and managing her large extended family in a small town.
"Tammy is an amazing talent and perfect for the WE brand," senior vp production and development John Miller said. "We’re developing series about the important stages of a woman’s life, and she’s very relatable for our viewers."
2C Media and ITV Studios ("Hell’s Kitchen") are attached as producers, with Pescatelli also an executive producer. Production is set to begin next month, and the network expected to run the show in January as part of a new comedy block with an upcoming reality show starring Joan and Melissa Rivers.
Pescatelli is repped by Gersh and managed by New Wave.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10