WEtv nabs show about married mom/comedian
EXCLUSIVE: Docuseries centers on Tammy Pescatelli
WEtv has ordered a reality show that follows the life of a working comedian who also is a married mom.
The cable network has purchased six one-hour episodes of a docuseries centering on Tammy Pescatelli, who moved from a Los Angeles-based comedy career to raise her family in Meadeville, Pa. Pescatelli juggles work and managing her large extended family in a small town.
"Tammy is an amazing talent and perfect for the WE brand," senior vp production and development John Miller said. "We’re developing series about the important stages of a woman’s life, and she’s very relatable for our viewers."
2C Media and ITV Studios ("Hell’s Kitchen") are attached as producers, with Pescatelli also an executive producer. Production is set to begin next month, and the network expected to run the show in January as part of a new comedy block with an upcoming reality show starring Joan and Melissa Rivers.
Pescatelli is repped by Gersh and managed by New Wave.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights