WGA Awards Taps Brad Garrett to Host West Coast Ceremony
The awards will be handed out Feb. 1 at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and in New York.
Brad Garrett has been tapped by the Writers Guild of America West to host the WGA Awards' West Coast ceremony, set to take place Saturday, Feb. 1, at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live.
The actor, best known for his role as Robert Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond, recently co-starred on ABC's How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) and is guest-starring on CBS' The Crazy Ones.
"Writers have always been the backbone of our business, and I'm thrilled to be able to celebrate their big night -- plus, I have two hours left to complete my community service," Garrett said.
Added executive producer Cort Casady: "With Brad, you not only get one of television's great comedic actors, but also a fearless stand-up comic, a truly hilarious observer, and a consummate professional."
This year, the WGAW is teaming up with the Los Angeles Times to webcast the L.A. show live on latimes.com at 6 p.m. PT. Additional presenters and talent will be announced closer to the show date.
The Writers Guild Awards honor outstanding writing in film, television, new media, video games, news, radio, promotional and graphic animation categories. The awards will be handed out at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and in New York at the Edison Ballroom. Colin Quinn is set to host the New York ceremony.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram