WGA East Announces Election Results
The incumbent officers were re-elected along with nine council members.
The WGA East announced the results of its 2013 officers and council election Friday.
Guild president Michael Winship (100 percent), vice president Jeremy Pikser (89 percent) and secretary-treasurer Bob Schneider (100 percent) won re-election. Both Winship and Schneider ran unopposed.
For the council, there were nine open seats: six freelance (i.e., screen and television writer) seats and three staff (i.e., news writer) seats.
Elected as freelance members were Susan Kim (15 percent), Bonnie Datt (15 percent), Courtney Simon (13 percent), Zhubin Parang (12 percent), Henry Bean (12 percent) and Bernardo Ruiz (10 percent). Elected as staff members were Sue Brown McCann (31 percent), Duane Tollison (29 percent) and Phil Pilato (29 percent).
All terms begin immediately and run through September 2015.
Bookmark The Hollywood Reporter’s Labor Page for the most in-depth coverage of entertainment unions and guilds.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services