What Dish Network Could Do With Blockbuster
Analysts say the video rental company would give the satellite TV firm more options in the online video space, including the chance to launch a Netflix-type service, but one analyst warns that Blockbuster could become a financial burden.
NEW YORK - Satellite TV operator Dish Network's proposed $320 million acquisition of video rental company Blockbuster, if approved, will allow the company to expand its on-demand and online content offerings or even launch a Netflix competitor, according to analysts.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR