What James Cameron Showed Spielberg and Jackson
The "Avatar" director, who made bold advances in motion capture working with Weta's visual effects wizards, gave his colleagues a hands-on demonstration. They left convinced that computer-generated animation could do justice to the Herge comics.
Tintin, his dog Snowy and his sidekick Captain Haddock belong to a world that's a universe removed from the exotic flora and fauna of Avatar's Pandora. But thanks to Weta Digital, Peter Jackson's Oscar-winning visual effects house based in Wellington, New Zealand, there's a lot of DNA from Pandoran Na'vi blood coursing through Tintin's veins.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Katy Perry's Grammy Nominations Night Includes 'Roar' Performance
- Album Of The Year Grammy Nominations: Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Among 2014 Honorees
- Keith Urban's Grammys Performance Of 'Ain't No Sunshine' Includes Appearance From Miguel
- Taylor Swift Grammy Nominations Night Includes Performance Of 'I Knew You Were Trouble'