'What Just Happened' sets release
Comedy starring Robert De Niro bows Oct. 3
Magnolia Pictures has set Oct. 3 as the release date for "What Just Happened," Barry Levinson's Hollywood-set comedy, starring Robert De Niro.
Former New Line exec Russell Schwartz will oversee the film's marketing and distribution.
Produced by 2929 Productions, "What" debuted in January at the Sundance Film Festival and also was featured as the closing night film at Festival de Cannes in May.
While other distributors shied away from acquiring the film, 2929 Productions' sister company Magnolia picked up distribution rights.
"What" was produced by 2929 Productions and Art Linson, with De Niro and Jane Rosenthal's Tribeca Productions.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR