Toronto 2012: Millennium Nabs Julianne Moore's 'What Maisie Knew'
The drama about a bitter custody battle also stars Steve Coogan and Alexander Skarsgard.
Millennium Entertainment has inked a domestic distribution deal for the drama What Maisie Knew.
The film, which stars Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan as the parents of titular Maisie, was acquired for $2 million five days after first screening for buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Directed by Scott McGehee and David Siegel, Maisie delves into the effect of a bitter divorce on the couple's 6-year-old daughter. Alexander Skarsgard also stars.
Despite strong reviews, the film's heavy subject matter may have tamped interest in the drama. Still, the deal marks one of only a handful of significant acquisitions thus far as the festival begins to wind down.
Nancy Doyne and Carroll Cartwright wrote the screenplay.
WME and Cinetic repped the filmmakers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR