Toronto 2012: Millennium Nabs Julianne Moore's 'What Maisie Knew'
The drama about a bitter custody battle also stars Steve Coogan and Alexander Skarsgard.
Millennium Entertainment has inked a domestic distribution deal for the drama What Maisie Knew.
The film, which stars Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan as the parents of titular Maisie, was acquired for $2 million five days after first screening for buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Directed by Scott McGehee and David Siegel, Maisie delves into the effect of a bitter divorce on the couple's 6-year-old daughter. Alexander Skarsgard also stars.
Despite strong reviews, the film's heavy subject matter may have tamped interest in the drama. Still, the deal marks one of only a handful of significant acquisitions thus far as the festival begins to wind down.
Nancy Doyne and Carroll Cartwright wrote the screenplay.
WME and Cinetic repped the filmmakers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother