What MTV's 'Teen Mom' Stars Make
See how their salaries compare to the casts of fellow MTV hits "Jersey Shore" and "The Hills."
MTV's hit show "Teen Mom" may document the hardships that the stars face as young parents, but the cast is actually pulling in good money from the show.
Sources say the reality show's stars earn somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000-$65,000 per season.
While that's a good salary for struggling young parents, it's still nowhere near the reported salaries of the cast of MTV's "The Hills," which ended its six-season run in July.
Lauren Conrad, for example, was said to be making $125,000 an episode before she left the show at the end of its penultimate season. At the lower end of the "Hills" salary spectrum, Brody Jenner reportedly pulled in $45,000 an episode.
In contrast, "Teen Mom's" second season, which ended Oct. 5, consisted of 11 episodes, which means the stars would have made less than $6,000 per show.
The "Teen Mom" stars also earn less than the cast of another current MTV show, "Jersey Shore," which over the summer asked for a whopping 200% raise -- to $30,000 an episode. A deal was reached after MTV countered with a number close to that figure.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR