Final BCS Title Game Set for Kickoff on ESPN
Florida State and Auburn play for the national championship Monday night.
Before the Bowl Championship Series is replaced next year by a playoff, No. 1 Florida State and No. 2 Auburn will meet in its last title game Monday night at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.
The game kicks off at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT on ESPN.
The Florida State Seminoles (13-0) ripped through their schedule on the way to Pasadena, winning each game by at least 14 points behind Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston.
The turnaround Tigers (12-1) are the most unlikely group ever to reach the BCS championship game. Auburn went from 3-9 to Southeastern Conference champions in their first season under coach Gus Malzahn. It is the first team to reach the BCS championship game after having a losing season the previous season and would become the first national champion to start the season unranked since BYU in 1984.
Florida State is trying to break the SEC's grip on the national championship. The streak is at seven, but never has the SEC team been as big an underdog (Auburn is getting 10 points from oddsmakers).
The halftime show will feature performances by both schools' marching bands.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR