What If the 'Veep' Cast Had Starred in 'The Social Network?' (Video)
In the latest edition of THR Auditions, Matt Walsh and Timothy Simons are brought in to read for two of the most coveted roles in David Fincher's Facebook movie.
It's a good time to be a fan of HBO's Veep.
The scathing political satire from Oscar-nominated British auteur Armando Iannucci (In the Loop, The Thick of It) is currently enjoying record ratings in its sophomore outing, and was recently re-upped for a third season of elaborate insult-hurling from inside Washington's corridors of impotence.
But there's more! For stars Matt Walsh, who plays Mike McLintock, disgruntled director of communications to Vice President Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), and Timothy Simons, who plays the irksomely gung-ho White House liaison Jonah Ryan, stopped by The Hollywood Reporter's Cover Lounge to contribute the latest -- and dare we say, greatest? -- entry yet to our ongoing THR Auditions series.
The year is 2009. Director David Fincher (voiced here by Zach Woods, Gabe on NBC's The Office) is looking to cast the buzziest film of the year -- the Aaron Sorkin-penned Facebook origin myth, The Social Network.
The coveted parts of brilliant Harvard undergrad Mark Zuckerberg and Erica Albright, the ex-girlfriend whose thwarting would fuel a social media revolution, would ultimately go to Jesse Eisenberg and Rooney Mara.
But in this never-before-seen footage, we get a tantalizing glimpse at what Walsh and Simons could have done with the roles.
WARNING: Strong language.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!