What's In a Concert Ticket? New Book Details 'How the Public Got Scalped'
6:00 AM PDT 5/18/2011 by Shirley Halperin
Co-author Dean Budnick previews 'Ticket Masters' (out June 1), which chronicles the rise of the concert industry's second greatest commodity: the piece of paper that says "admit one."
The blurb on the back cover pretty much says it all: “Reading this book won't make you any happier about spending four hundred bucks to go to a rock show but you'll understand how it happened and who's to blame.”
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile