The White Stripes Break Up
10:39 AM PST 2/2/2011 by Mark Cina
The White Stripes have formally announced on their website that they have broken up."The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health,” the two said in their statement. "It’s for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way.” Jack White's record label, Third Man Records, will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from the band in their Vault subscription record club, as well as through regular channels. “The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore," Meg and Jack said in their statement. "The White Stripes belong to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.” The two haven't released an album in almost four years, as Jack White has focused on his other bands, the Dead Weather and the Raconteurs, and his Third Man label. He also recently produced the new Wanda Jackson album.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR